Being a phys ed teacher is much more than just blowing a whistle and rolling a ball. Being a phys ed teacher means that you get the opportunity to impact every single kids life. I can almost guarantee that every single one of you have at least one memory from phys ed class growing up. I believe the goal of a phys ed teacher should be to give every student the confidence, through experience, to be able to live a healthy and well life. That doesn't mean just until you graduate high school. Giving them the tools to carry on a healthy lifestyle through adulthood is a goal I believe everyone should have.
I have learned over the years, from courses taken too my own personal experiences on how what I eat effects my workout and how I feel. There have been days when I would go to the Arc on an empty stomach and realizing how exhausted I would feel. Your body needs energy to be able to perform at the level you wish. Even something as simple as oatmeal before you go workout in the morning will give you a little boost to get you through your workout. I recommend taking time to make breakfast in the morning before you go workout if you are a morning person.
i think that this should be heard everywhere
ReplyDeleteI think that this is a really important point that everybody should know about. When people think of a physical education teacher they picture this middle aged person rolling a kick ball or a dodge ball out, and teaching kids sports because they could not make it as an athlete; but being a PE teacher is about so much more than that. Being a PE teacher is about teaching your students to be physically literate individuals who have skills that to help them live healthy active lifestyles. More people need to hear this!
ReplyDelete